How to adapt to electronic Air Waybill for air freight easily
IATA is promoting the use of the e-Air Waybill 360 standard in the air logistics sector. This e-document is designed to completely replace the role of paper in contractual air freight relations between airlines and carriers.
IATA has announced that this standard will be considered the default format to be used as of January 2019, completely digitizing air freight processes and relegating paper into second place. IATA plans to achieve e-AWB penetration of 68% by December 2018.
- Ask our experts about how to adapt to e-AWB360 and fully digitize the air freight cargo chain.
EDICOMAir - automatic platform that optimizes logistics in the air cargo sector
EDICOM has a platform prepared for electronic issuance of all the documents involved in the exchange of information when engaging in air freight operations. It links up with airlines, freight forwarders and customs at any airport adapted to the new electronic system.
The EDICOM e-Air Waybill platform automates the generation of all freight documents according to the set standard (XML). Then, it sends them to the destination through private communication networks with high levels of security, guaranteeing delivery. At the same time, the solution can receive the XML responses and integrate them into the sender's ERP.
The EDICOMAir solution is integrated with the EDICOM platform's legal module, so it is possible to set up communications and integrations with Public Administrations for the submission of air waybills. In addition, it can issue e-invoices and other important electronic tax or legal documents in compliance with the legal requirements in force in every country worldwide.
Finally, we have an e-document archiving solution that ensures document integrity in the long term, thanks to our certification as a Qualified Trust Service Provider under European eIDAS regulation.
Working with HOUSE guides, MASTER guides and cargo manifests
- Data are captured from the client's ERP Home Guides and transformed into the XML schema regulated by the IATA.
- Based on the data from the Home Guides, the Master Guide (XML) containing the information on the cargo to be transported is generated.
- The automatic process is completed with the electronic delivery of all data to the freight airline's system.
- The Master Guide data are integrated with the internal management system (ERP).
- The mapping process takes the data from the guide and transforms them into the regulated XML schema to generate the cargo manifest.
- File validation mechanisms are applied to certify its alignment with the customs obligations.
- The Public Administrations HUB is activated, identifying the customs service that is to receive the document.
- A secure and direct connection is made via web service for the airlines to send the file to the authorities.
EDICOMAir platform benefits
The main advantage of EDICOM is that it is a global system. We have connections with all the Customs offices linked to this system, through our Public Administration Hub.
- Costly traditional management of paper documents is taken out of the loop.
- Costs are notably reduced, as printing and traditional sending by snail mail are no longer needed.
- Document delivery processes are also considerably speeded up.
- The new system provides traceability on documents, so you are aware at all times if they have been received successfully, and their current status.
- The electronic system boosts security and enhances the confidentiality of data exchanged through private communication networks.
- Standard international project, valid for exchanging documents under the same schema in any region of the world.